The World’s Most Expensive Island is in Ras Al Khaimah. And it’s up for sale
The world’s most expensive island – a man-made 660-acre expanse in the Arabian Peninsula – goes up for sale in UAE
The Marjan Island Ras Al Khaimah has gone on sale for £360million, offering private beaches, five-star hotels and stunning views of the Arabian Gulf.
- Al Marjan Island is a collection of four man-made islands in the northernmost of the United Arab Emirates
- The buyer will get their hands on five million square feet of land including hotels, clubs and beachside resorts
- Made up of Dream Island, Breeze Island, Treasure Island and View Island, it is being offered to foreign buyers
Al Marjan Island, which has gone on the market, is a collection of four man-made expanses in the northernmost of the United Arab Emirates, Ras Al Khaimah.
The buyer, who will have to fork out $462million (£360million) for the property, will get their hands on five million square feet of land with many clubs, hotels and beachside resorts already in place.
The four islands – Dream Island, Breeze Island, Treasure Island and View Island – provide ‘breathtaking views’ and a ‘naturally luxurious environment’, according to the property’s online listing.
The advertisement aims to attract foreign buyers with the offer of no income tax or foreign exchange controls, with much of the infrastructure already there.
The property listing says: “Set against the picturesque backdrop of the Arabian Peninsula, and enclosed by the Yanis and Jais Mountains, Al Marjan Island is truly a luxury destination.
“With sun, sand and sea all year round, Al Marjan welcomes residents and visitors from all over the world; and welcomes them to a landscape not only rich in luxury but luxurious in all things natural.
“A collection of four pristine man-made islands, each island features luxurious hospitality and residential living throughout.”
The islands are all shaped in circles and corals.
The ad continues: “The island offers complete leisure and entertainment opportunities that ensure children, adults, residents and tourists enjoy quality family time.
“With waterfront homes, quality hotels and resorts, marinas, private beaches for residents, leisure, retail and recreational facilities, Al Marjan Island is a unique investment opportunity with high returns.
“Moreover, to meet all our residents’ needs, world-class education and health facilities are accessible in close proximity to the island.
“Simply, Al Marjan Island is a much sought-after destination for residents, tourists and investors.
“A place that will soon become a destination of choice for all.”
- Head to Breeze Bar at Cove Rotana to enjoy IPL Cricket in Ras Al Khaimah
- Enjoy Luxury Camping with your dog at this Glamp Site in Ras Al Khaimah
- Longbeach Campground, a magical glamping staycation in Ras Al Khaimah
- Dubai’s favourite Banan Beach Camp is now coming to Ras Al Khaimah
- Did you plan? Two long weekends are coming up