UAE has made timely changes to its services to stay in line with global trends. It could be competitive in the international market by adopting the most recent digital developments. UAE is a promising country, known for its warm welcome to entrepreneurs and ex-pats, and continues to be a favourite destination for fortune-hunters.
In order to gain popularity internationally, innovative concepts are key. This is why the introduction of an enhanced Emirates ID card was so important. On Saturday, the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship rolled out a modified Emirates Identification. The card has advanced features that will make it safe and secure. It will also protect the cardholder’s privacy.
Emirates ID is an identity card that is issued to all UAE residents. This ID proof must be kept and a copy attached for any official requirements.
The ICA introduced the car via their official mobile app and promulgated the vehicle the following Saturday. The modification does not only apply to Emirates ID. Massive changes will also be made to Emirati passports and UAE passports. Both passports were modified in November last year.
In November 2020, the Cabinet Assembly, chaired in part by HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Vice-President, Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai, reviewed the proposals and approved them. Since then, the process has continued. The modification of Emirates ID would have a large effect and require extensive coordination.
Features of New Emirates ID
1. Protection of non-visible data assured: Data will be read through the “e-link system”
With the new Emirates ID in place, the personal data would not be visible to any third-party persons or entities. The data will be read through the e-link system of ICA only.
2. Advanced Technical and Technological Characteristics
Higher chip capacity and non-touch data reading features- The Wi-Fi-enabled chip in the Emirates ID will help in non-touch data reading. Having strong technical characteristics, the ID will have better functionalities than the previous one.
3. High-Quality Card with longer service life: Polycarbonate helps to extend the service life of the card to over 10 years
Forget the frequent replacement due to the defects in the Emirates ID. The newly introduced card is made of Polycarbonate materials, which is a lightweight material with high durability and longevity. It is known for withstanding the weather conditions, rough handling, and other external forces remarkably well.
4. 3D Photograph: Laser printing authenticated with Date of Birth
A 3D vision of the cardholder’s photo will be another feature of the new Emirates ID. The image having a 3D visualization will be useful for improved recognition of the individual. The photograph would have the date of birth laser printed on it, for enhanced authentication.
5. Inclusion of Additional Fields and Codes Definition
Information like professional data, issuing authority and population group is added to the card
Another exclusive and helpful attribute of the modified Emirates ID is the inclusion of additional fields. The authorities examining the card will get a good detail about the person in a single click itself. As the card has all the info about the profession the individual is related to, the authority that has issued the ID, and the population group to which the person belongs.
Advantages Offered by the New Emirates ID
Technology and methods of working change with the passage of time. The methods and types of fraud, threats, or complications that are being perpetrated change over time. The IoT is facilitating our daily lives in an open and transparent world. Even small personal details can cause chaos in your life.
Advantages or state-of-the-art factors that are offered by the new Emirates ID are:
- Digital security elements that prevent hackers from gaining access to personal information
- Invisible data processing. Data visibility is restricted to ICA officials via the e-link program
- The chip-card contains all relevant information about the cardholder and reduces paperwork
- Emirates ID holders have the confidence to travel internationally or nationally without worrying about paperwork.
- Security features to protect identity theft from fraudsters and miscreants
- Emirates ID can be used for many purposes. The card contains all necessary information about the individual.