Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, bool given in /home/customer/www/wow-rak.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/eventON/includes/calendar/class-calendar-event-structure.php on line 61
Wadi Naqab is located in Ras Al Khaimah Emirate and is nestled among the chain of Al Hajar Mountains. Hike info: Difficulty Grade: 2 (proper manmade route -Donkey trail- little
Wadi Naqab is located in Ras Al Khaimah Emirate and is nestled among the chain of Al Hajar Mountains.
Difficulty Grade: 2 (proper manmade route -Donkey trail- little of bouldering and some steep parts)
The camp site is one of the best and peaceful areas, some people and families they just camp their and enjoy evening relaxing or having BBQ dinner.
The Red wall hike: which is the long route
Duration: 11-13 h round trip
Distance: 19 km
This hike is moderate level, no technicality is required, few boulders and some steep parts, you need certain fitness level to make it, in general if you can do 3-5 km jogging then you can make it.
This hike contains bouldering passing through narrow passes and farming settlements and descending from 1200 meter to Sheri village @ 800 meter.
from the village we take a proper manmade donkey route all the way down to the start point.
Reach the camp site the evening before to enjoy camping with bonfire and peaceful relaxation time.
Next morning, pack and start the hike. Lunch break will be on the plateau, another long break at the village depends on arrival time of the day as we have to consider 2-2.5 hours more time to complete the route before darkness.
On completion, we return to Ras Al Khaimah City for a decent dinner in a restaurant before heading back home.
– Transport including fuel. (From accommodation to camp site and versa)
– Hiking guide
– Camping equipment
– Bonfire arrangement.
– Dinner/breakfast at camp site before the hike.
– Drinking water at the camp.
– Decent dinner in restaurant in the city of Ras Al Khaimah on the way back.
– First aid kit
– Personal stuff
– Sun protection and insect repellent
– Sleeping Bag, pillow (preferred inflatable)
– Headlight with extra batteries.
– Power bank for mobile charging.
– Toilet paper, wet wipes
– Light clothes, Hat
– Warmer clothes (jacket and trousers)
– Hiking boots and socks
– Hiking poles (optional)
– Hiking bag (20-30L)
– food, sandwiches.. at lunch during hike.
– Snacks during the hike (dates, dry nuts, dry fruits, fresh fruits…)
– Water during the hike.
27 (Friday) 2:00 pm - 28 (Saturday) 1:30 pm
Ras Al Khaimah