Ras Al Khaimah is renowned for its many beautiful camping spots, where people can enjoy picnics and barbeques, away from the hustle and bustle of major city centres. When the UAE welcomes the much sought after , colder winter weather, people from all over the country are looking for the best spots to set up their tents, or just lay down their mats to enjoy the magnificent scenery.
Get yourself prepared for one groovy camping in beautiful Jebel Jais Mountains of Ras Al Khaimah.
Spend one night on top of Jebel Jais and enjoy the “sun-kiss-mountain” view, BBQ, star gazing and have late night chatting on interesting topics…maybe someone has some horror story to tell.
Jebel Jais is the highest mountain in UAE and has the best view on top. Road is very smooth and well platform you won’t need an SUV or 4X4 cars to reach there.
Date: Friday 9th November
We will meet at 2:00 PM and reach at the camping site by 2:50 PM in order to have the chance to install
This meetup is totally free of charge. Just bring your own food supplies and camping tools.
BBQ gear is available yet it is highly recommended if you bring your own gear just to avoid delays and inconveniences.
Bathroom booths are available there at the location of camping so we are all good.
For those who haven’t been in camping before you will need to put the following on top of your checklist:
1. Moderate size tent for 2 (200x150x110) cm or smaller, you can buy it from any hyper market, ACE, or souq.com
2. Blanket, pillow, towel, slippers and comfortable shoes.
3. Extra set of clothes
4. Wet wipes
5. Power supplies (Power bank, batteries, etc.)
7. Water and beverages
8. Moderate size mat…..or fold up chair (optional)
9. Utensils (disposable plates, spoons, forks, knives and cups)
You can also bring:
1. Sleeping bag
3. Barbeque equipment for those who want to grill
4. First Aid Kit
There are plenty of places to park your car there, yet we can make a carpool plan 1 day before the event, other option you can contact shuttle bus service and check their timings. Mobile: +971 50 6263 955 – +971 50 6325 182
Date: Friday 9th November
Meeting point will be at Emarat Petrol Station across from “lantern roundabout at 3:00 PM (check map) ZOOM market inside the gas station in case you need to buy any of your missing supplies.
Bring your professional cameras for shooting nice photos
Further inquiries contact Mr. Haraaz: +971567673087
- The best ways to get to Jebel Jais from Dubai
- The road for Jebel Jais set to re-open this weekend
- Try this new way of staying fit in RAK: 20 minutes to a fitter you
- Get Free Mobile talk time and Grocery coupons: New Recycle incentive program in RAK
- Can’t take your pet with you? Search matching caretaker with this Ras Al Khaimah based website