Ras Al Khaimah police launch Bicycle patrols to cut response times. #wowrak
Ras Al Khaimah Police have launched bicycle patrols to cut response times. The patrols will cover the entire emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
Major General Ali Abdullah bin Alwan, Commander-in-Chief of Ras Al Khaimah Police, said the bicycle patrols aim to enhance response times and ensure security and stability in the community.
Officers on bicycles can often reach accidents and crime scenes faster than their colleagues in cars due to traffic, according to Major General Bin Alwan. They will provide the same service and assistance police patrol cars offer, he added.
Features of Bicycle patrol in Ras Al Khaimah
- Each patrol consists of two offices with one bike each
- The bikes are fitted with emergency lights and tools to connect with the police operation room.
- As many as 12 patrols have been launched.
- Officers will wear special police uniforms and they are highly trained and well-equipped
- Aims to provide the best field practices and services to enhance security, safety and peace in Ras Al Khaimah
- He said the bicycle patrols would enhance the presence of the police in the field and reduce crime rates.
- The bicycles are considered environmentally friendly and can play a major role in spreading awareness during the coronavirus movement restrictions.
The launch of bicycle patrols reflects the strategic vision of the Ministry of Interior and the Ras Al Khaimah Police in application of best police practices.