You know the drill: a locked room, a series of challenging puzzles, and you, desperately running around with a group of friends trying to unlock the riddle and escape to victory before the clock hits zero. Now imagine this whole scenario under paranormal occurrences.
Yes, enter Lights Out Escape Room. The first haunted escape room in Rak Al Khaimah which is one of a kind and a great place to have a fun-filled experience for both augmented paranormal activities and solve mind teasing puzzles. The game consists of five levels which at the successful completion of one level, the key to the next level will be discovered and as the name entails it is filled with augmented paranormal occurrences during the 1 hrs span of the game.
What is an Escape Room?
An escape room, also known as an escape game, puzzle room or exit game, is a game in which a team of players discover clues, solve puzzles, and accomplish tasks in one or more rooms in order to accomplish a specific goal in a limited amount of time. The goal is often to escape from the site of the game. Most escape games are cooperative.
Escape Room puts players in a real-life escape game where they must work together in a race against the clock to solve a series of increasingly challenging puzzles. Be prepared to have your wits tested and your entertainment level raised when you get into the best escape room in the country.
Escape Room Tactics for Beginners
Step 1: Choose wisely. Escape room games work best for teams of between 2-7 people, so make sure you and your band of fellow escapees get on well together. Good communication is key, as is the ability to cooperate and think on the same wavelength, but a mix of skills and perspectives can also be useful. Who knows – Ahmed’s maths knowledge might be more useful than Latifa’s murder-mystery addiction!
Step 2: Before you enter the escape room, you’ll get a team briefing about the ins and outs of participating in the game, and maybe a few helpful tips – it’s worth paying attention to! Then, as you wait to go in, your host will reveal the back-story behind the scene you’re about to encounter. Again, listen to the Gamesmaster – they may be giving you clues or an idea of what to look for!
Step 3: Once you’re inside, you have no option but to become immersed in the world of the room for the next 60 minutes. Go for it! There is a lot to explore – make sure you go around the room thoroughly, discover all the clues and wrap your brain around the puzzles. But all the while, never lose sight of your objective. Everything you are doing is working towards one end: to complete your room’s unique challenge and escape!
Top tips to have fun at an Escape Room effectively
- Get into it right away: an hour sounds like plenty of time to get out of an escape room, and you might be tempted to take it easy at the start. Don’t be fooled – time can creep up on you, and before you know it you could be in big trouble with only a few minutes left on the clock to get yourselves out of it. Don’t dawdle!
- Search the room thoroughly: there will be clues hidden all around the escape room, so make sure you leave no stone unturned. One idea is to divide the room into sections for each of your team to investigate, or organise yourselves into pairs so that you get two sets of eyes on every object, door, corner, shelf, book and possible clue. One person might notice something the other overlooked.
- Don’t all bunch around one puzzle: you’ve only got 60 minutes to find the way out, so the more things you are all doing or looking at, the better. If everyone looks at the same thing, then you’re leaving other potential clues and solutions untouched while the clock is ticking. Also, if one or two of you are feeling stuck on a puzzle, move on get someone else to take over – they might see something you didn’t.
- Shout out what you find: you might not know if another team member needs something you have found, or if someone else has exactly the object or clue you need to complete your puzzle! Every team member should know to call out whenever they find something that looks useful, so you can all still be working together, even if you’re searching different parts of the room.
- Try everything and listen to everyone: everyone in your team has their own experiences, ways of thinking and knowledge to draw on. What might occur to one person might never occur to the rest of you. However bizarre an idea sounds, respect what people have got to say and give it a try – it might turn out to be what gets you out of there!
- Don’t over-think it: if you find yourself getting into more and more obscure theories about the solution to a particular puzzle, then chances are you’re over-complicating it. The escape room is set up to be a test, but still meant to be fun, and if you’re clutching at straws it’s time for someone else to have a look at it.
- Organise your objects: set up a space to put objects to one side once you’ve used them, or to arrange them in a methodical way. You might want to group objects by theme, or if you simply feel they should belong together. This way, when you need something, you’ll know exactly where it is right away, and by putting things in the same place you might notice new connections between them.
- Ask for hints: don’t be shy about asking for a hint to help get out of the escape room. The staff want to see a team succeed and will always try to nudge you along in the right direction. It’ll help you all enjoy the game and hopefully escape in time!
- Don’t force anything: if a door or box is meant to be opened, then it won’t be difficult to do so. The escape room hosts want you to find the right clues! If something appears locked, then chances are it’s meant to stay that way (at least until you find the right key). Forcing it open will not only spoil the game for future players, but could be expensive!
- Remember the backstory: it sometimes pays to think like a writer in order to work out where the clues are or what they might mean. If this was a scene from a book or a film, what would you expect to happen next?
- Play with people you get on with: you certainly get to learn more about the mental workings of the people you attempt the escape room with, so make sure you all like each other, and leave personal disagreements or office politics at the door. Solving the escape room is a great achievement, and it’s a great way of bonding with team members.
- Get a good night’s sleep: in order to notice subtle clues and work out what needs to be done to get your team out of the room, you’re going to need to be on top form. Getting a good night’s sleep will ensure that you’re mentally sharp and ready to take on the escape game challenge.
About Lights Out Escape Room Ras Al Khaimah
Lights Out Escape Room Is a realistic horror game with live actors, puzzles and thrilling escapades. They offer visitors of ages 14 and above the chance to play, fear scream and witness a never before the act of hunted escape room in UAE. Their Puzzles will make you think deep and activate your inner mind and tune to ur surroundings. The goal is to make sure visitors have the time of their lives. Get their adrenaline pumping as they puzzle their way out of the scariest and haunted rooms.
Please mind that this escape room is not suitable for visitors with epilepsy, claustrophobia or life support devices including cardiac stimulators, monitoring systems and hearing aids.
For your safety, we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes on this quest.
Lights Out Escape Room Timings
Monday – Saturday: 4pm – 12am
|No. of participants||Price per person per game|
Enjoy Lights out Escape room for just AED 99 per person till 31st December 2021
Lights Out Escape room offers an exclusive offer for the wow-rak members. Get 15% off your entry fee when you redeem your coupon here
Contact and Location
Phone: 056 107 7532
Email: [email protected]