Driving in Ras Al Khaimah will be getting more comfortable after completion of Suhaila-Shamal road. You can expect around 30% decrease in traffic congestion.
The extension of Emirates road in Ras Al Khaimah is scheduled to be completed by July 2018.
- Total Investment: AED 90 Million
- Three lanes on both side with the future possibility of 4th lane extension.
- Seamless connection between northern and southern part of RAK
- Total capacity: 60,000 Vehicles on both sides every day
- After the inauguration of RAK ring road, heavy trucks will be denied access to downtown. This will cut down congestion
- The route also has sufficient bypasses for smooth traffic movement from internal parts of Ras Al Khaimah
- A free intersection on RAK Airport in the Suhaila area will facilitate congestion gree traffic movement in all directions
- The road connects some modern residential areas under construction including Sheikh Khalifa City, Buteen Al Samar, Al Hamraniya, Awafi, Al Daqdaqa, Suhaila, Al Seeh and Shamal.