Soraya Sikandar: Hidden Gem of Ras Al Khaimah
SORAYA SIKANDER is one of today’s leading contemporary South Asian artists proudly living in Ras Al Khaimah.
Known for her landscapes and organic forms, the artist has been ranked as one of Pakistan’s best known painters making it big internationally, listed as ‘Artist to watch’. Soraya works in oil and acrylics on canvas and is internationally renowned for her calligraphy landscapes. Recognition for her work has come through critical acclaim and sell-out exhibitions. She is also a TEDx art speaker. She has trained in fine arts through the London Atelier of Representational Arts, Slade Summer School (UCL), and Beaconhouse National University.
Soraya Sikander, who was born in Karachi and moved to the UAE two years ago, has always been immersed in art and her mother founded the Unicorn art gallery in Pakistan in 2004.
She believes that her work strongly associates Ras Al Khaimah as beautiful landscapes and seascapes of this city continue to inspire her. Since 2011, when Soraya first visited Ras Al Khaimah, she was stunned by the visual imageries of mountains, sand, mangroves, beaches etc. According to her Ras Al Khaimah has been rewarding to her career since she exhibited in Ras Al Khaimah art festival for the first time.
Her art has been reviewed
- RAKEZ Traders District: Where Traders Thrive and Connect
- Register your kids for this Summer Camp at Hilton RAK Beach Resort
- Escape to Paradise: Discover the Ultimate Summer Staycation at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Beach Resort!
- Top 10 sites to download Twitter Video in UAE
- A 27000 sqft celler has just opened up in Ras Al Khaimah and we are thrilled!