Soraya Sikandar: Hidden Gem of Ras Al Khaimah
SORAYA SIKANDER is one of today’s leading contemporary South Asian artists proudly living in Ras Al Khaimah.
Known for her landscapes and organic forms, the artist has been ranked as one of Pakistan’s best known painters making it big internationally, listed as ‘Artist to watch’. Soraya works in oil and acrylics on canvas and is internationally renowned for her calligraphy landscapes. Recognition for her work has come through critical acclaim and sell-out exhibitions. She is also a TEDx art speaker. She has trained in fine arts through the London Atelier of Representational Arts, Slade Summer School (UCL), and Beaconhouse National University.
Soraya Sikander, who was born in Karachi and moved to the UAE two years ago, has always been immersed in art and her mother founded the Unicorn art gallery in Pakistan in 2004.
She believes that her work strongly associates Ras Al Khaimah as beautiful landscapes and seascapes of this city continue to inspire her. Since 2011, when Soraya first visited Ras Al Khaimah, she was stunned by the visual imageries of mountains, sand, mangroves, beaches etc. According to her Ras Al Khaimah has been rewarding to her career since she exhibited in Ras Al Khaimah art festival for the first time.
Her art has been reviewed
- Karma Session 3: An Immersive Entertainment Night in Ras Al Khaimah
- UAE is dropping Covid-19 mask-wearing rules from Wednesday
- Islander’s Brunch Returns For Its 7th Season At Doubletree By Hilton Resort & Spa Marjan Island
- Air Arabia Group plans to scale their operations at Ras Al Khaimah International Airport
- Wow Offers! Indulge in a delicious experience with City Stay Beach Hotel Apartment Ras Al Khaimah