Ras Al Khaimah Fireworks breaks two world Records
After mesmerising the world with a world-record clinching firework display that welcomed hundreds of thousands of residents and visitors from around the world in 2018, Ras Al Khaimah showcased a never-before-seen spectacle this New Year’s Eve and broke two Guinness World Records.
Ras Al Khaimah now holds the record for the “longest straight line of fireworks” and “longest chain of fireworks”.
The display, a tribute to the outgoing Year of Zayed, used 11,284 fireworks for the 4.6km chain on Al Marjan Island.
The record was set in 12.06 minutes and there were seven themed chapters for the show, which was set to international music compositions.
It featured a performance by 200 drones, which displayed images such as a falcon spreading its wings, Year of Zayed, Jebel Jais and many more.
The team behind the show spent 300 hours designing the spectacle, which featured more than 41,000 lines of computer code to
The previous record for the longest chain of fireworks was held by Viejas Casino & Resort in Alpine, California, which used 10,005 devices. And the record for the longest straight line of fireworks was held by a display in Cavallino Treporti beach near Venice, Italy, which took place over 11.38km.
- Top 10 things you need before stepping your 4X4 in the desert for dune bashing
- Buffet Offer! Celebrate Eid Al Adha at City Stay Beach Hotel Apartment Ras Al Khaimah
- Are you planning a beach daycation? Don’t forget these top 10 swim gears
- Outdoor Camping Checklist for Ras Al Khaimah
- Exclusive Summer Offers at this Island-Inspired resort in Ras Al Khaimah