The world’s finest spa and wellness brands have been unveiled at a star-studded gala ceremony in the Maldives. Pioneers, influencers and leading figureheads of the global spa and wellness industry attended the 2018 World Spa Awards at The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, an ultra-luxury private island escape in the southern Dhaalu Atoll.
World Spa Awards is the sister event of World Travel Awards, currently celebrating its 25th anniversary.
Winners at the red carpet reception included Anantara Spa (‘World’s Best Hotel Spa Brand’), Armani Hotel Dubai (‘World’s Best Hotel Spa’), whilst the cutting-edge holistic health treatments of Lanserhof Tegernsee led to it being voted ‘World’s Best Medical Spa’.
A breathtaking location between the Alps and Lake Lucerne helped Alpine Spa at Switzerland’s Burgenstock Hotel gain recognition as ‘World’s Best New Hotel Spa’. Meanwhile another awe-inspiring vista – the red rocks of Sedona, Arizona – helped the Mii amo to lift the title of ‘North America’s Best Wellness Retreat’.
Al Wadi Spa at The Ritz-Carlton Ras Al Khaimah, Al Wadi Desert was awarded the World’s Best Desert Spa 2018. Award website
Waldorf Astoria Spa at Waldorf Astoria Ras al Khaimah was awarded Ras Al Khaimah’s Best Resort Spa 2018 Award Website
- Ras Al Khaimah’s Jebel Jais is a frosted cake with fresh Snow flakes!
- Wellbeing amidst the Al Wadi Desert, Ras Al Khaimah
- Hike with your dog: 2020 Human and K9 Ultimate Challenge is coming to RAK
- Experience Rainforest at this Hydrothermal Sanctuary in Ras Al Khaimah
- Fitness brand GymNation now in Ras Al Khaimah