A total of 15 new mosques have been inaugurated in different parts of Ras Al Khaimah, the General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowments announced on Sunday.
The newly opened mosques include Mohammed bin Zayed City, Al-Dhait South, Al Rifaa, Seeh Al Ghab, Al Zahraa, Al Rams (Dayat) Masafi, Khalifa City, Al Mairid, Shamal (Ghailan), Al Kharan, and Jalfar, with the capacity to accommodate around 200 to 1000 worshippers each.
The opening of mosques comes in line with Awgqaf’s strategic plan to expand the construction of mosques in the newly built residential areas and renovate and rebuild the old mosques.
The new mosques are built in accordance with the Islamic architectural style, mixed with originality and civilization and with modernization and urban development witnessing all over the country.
About GAIAE (General Authority of Islamic Affairs and Endowments)
The GAIAE works on enhancing religious awareness by building and maintaining mosques and memorisation centres, managing Haj and Umra affairs and investing in Waqf (endowment) for the good of society.
- Offer religious guidance in the UAE to instill the principle of moderation in Islam.
- Spread Islamic culture and enhance religious awareness.
- Manage and supervise mosques.
- Provide Ifta'(Islamic ruling).
- Organize Hajj and Umrah affairs.
- Hold conferences, seminars, festivities, and religious contests.
- Print and give out copies of the Holy Quran.
- Supervise Quran memorization and religious centers.
- Review religious publications and DVDS.
- Train imams and preachers.
- Grant work permits to imams and preachers.
- Grant work permits to religious centers and Hajj and Umrah groups.
- Supervise and invest awqaf (religious endowments) assigned to GAIAE.
- Promote the tradition of waqf for the cause of Allah and the benefit of society.