Ras Al Khaimah Weather: Safety Alert , Updates and Tips
Weathermen report heavy showers on Monday 29th October in various parts of the UAE due to the unstable weather pattern and disturbances in the Arabian Sea that saw Ras Al Khaimah’s Wadis and Dams flooding in the last few days.
The National Centre for Meteorology (NCM) informs that Al Dhaid in Sharjah, Al Owaid in Al Dharfa, Sweihan-Al AinRoad in Abu Dhabi as well as parts of Fujairah and Ras Al Khaimah saw varying degrees of downpour.
Fujairah Port recorded the highest amount of rainfall in 24 hours since 1977 at 102.8mm.
As a general rule of thumb all UAE residents, specially those in Ras Al Khaimah and the Northern Emirates are advised by Ministry officials to stay safe indoors.
Tips to consider before planning any transit
- Motorists are urged to be cautious and follow safety rules when driving in rainy weather due to reduced vision on the roads
- Holidaymakers advised to avoid camping in low lying areas near the Wadis
- Beaches to be avoided as forecasters warn of a rough sea with wave heights of up to 9 feet
- Sharjah police closes both roads to and from Wadi Al Hilo due to flash floods
- Jebel Jais road closed as heavy rains flooded wadis and nearby roads
- 600 students retained in a Fujairah school as a safety measure due to flooding in nearby areas. The pupils were only allowed to leave as soon as the water levels receded
The hostile weather trend is expected to continue until Oct 31st 2018.
- Top 10 things you need before stepping your 4X4 in the desert for dune bashing
- Buffet Offer! Celebrate Eid Al Adha at City Stay Beach Hotel Apartment Ras Al Khaimah
- Are you planning a beach daycation? Don’t forget these top 10 swim gears
- Outdoor Camping Checklist for Ras Al Khaimah
- Exclusive Summer Offers at this Island-Inspired resort in Ras Al Khaimah