Ras Al Khaimah plans “Barjeel”, which might reduce your utility bills
We all have paid for big bills of electricity and water earlier. It is assuring that the Ras Al Khaimah Government is working on reducing these for its residents. Last year after the opening of Renewable and Energy efficiency office, RAK has big plans to optimize its energy mix.
The adventure capital of UAE now aims to generate 20 per cent of its power requirements from renewable sources and gain 30 per cent energy savings, as it plans the roll-out of an energy efficiency programme.
The UAE currently meets 98 per cent of its power generation needs from
- The name of the new Energy efficiency program is Barjeel
- Barjeel is designed to moderate the energy and water consumption of new construction by 30%
- This will reduce environmental impact while improving the comfort of the occupants
afew months, Barjeel will start awareness campaign with municipality urging private entities to cut energy and water wastage
- The renewables and efficiency programme will become mandatory in two years.
- Barjeel, which also targets 20 per cent water savings, will help reduce energy and water bills for residents
RAK is a relative newcomer to the clean energy drive in the region, has set up its renewables and energy efficiency office under a year ago.
The industrial sector, which accounted for 40 to 45 per cent of the 5.3 Terrawatt hours the emirate consumed last year, is also set to be
The emirate currently meets its energy requirements entirely through gas sourced from the Dolphin pipeline that delivers 2 billion cubic feet a day of the fuel to the UAE from Qatar’s North Dome field, one of the largest in the world.
Source: The National
- Sundown Offer! Catch the Dusk vibes at this Beach Resort in Ras Al Khaimah
- Offer! Beat the heat with Al Hamra at The Waterfront, Ras Al Khaimah
- Top 10 things you need before stepping your 4X4 in the desert for dune bashing