Now cameras equipped with facial and car plate recognition in Ras Al Khaimah
Ras Al Khaimah has introduced cameras equipped with facial and car plate recognition technologies to monitor the roads in the emirate.
The initiative was spearheaded by the RAK Police and is part of the emirate’s Smart City project
These include a big number of
These cameras keep an eye on every nook of the emirate around the clock as part of an integrated smart system. The cameras have helped cut crime rates, the officer added.
They have been installed in 16,867 buildings in the emirate as part of the ‘Himaya’ (protection) system. The Himaya system will (eventually) be connected with the radar and geographic information systems, visual early warning connectivity, and automatic number-plate recognition systems.
- RAK EATS – 4th Season on culinary extravaganza in Ras Al Khaimah (Till Dec 31st)
- Wynn Resorts Ras Al Khaimah: Opening of first Casino Mega Resort
- Anavrin: The latest Nirvana and wellness resort in Ras Al Khaimah
- Hampton by Hilton Marjan Island Festive Season Program
- UAE National Day: Ras Al Khaimah Ruler announces the release of 417 prisoners with High Security