Now cameras equipped with facial and car plate recognition in Ras Al Khaimah
Ras Al Khaimah has introduced cameras equipped with facial and car plate recognition technologies to monitor the roads in the emirate.
The initiative was spearheaded by the RAK Police and is part of the emirate’s Smart City project
These include a big number of
These cameras keep an eye on every nook of the emirate around the clock as part of an integrated smart system. The cameras have helped cut crime rates, the officer added.
They have been installed in 16,867 buildings in the emirate as part of the ‘Himaya’ (protection) system. The Himaya system will (eventually) be connected with the radar and geographic information systems, visual early warning connectivity, and automatic number-plate recognition systems.
- Exclusive Summer Offers at this Island-Inspired resort in Ras Al Khaimah
- BM Club: A lifestyle membership with exclusive benefits in Ras Al Khaimah
- Exclusive Summer Offer at this pet-friendly self-catering Glampsite in Ras Al Khaimah
- Top Luxury Resorts in Ras Al Khaimah with Private Pool accomodation
- Register your kids for this Summer Camp at Hilton RAK Beach Resort