Coronavirus: Ras Al Khaimah Opens Public Beaches
Public beaches in Ras Al Khaimah are now open after a thorough disinfection process.
The Department of Public Works, Ras Al Khaimah, said the decision comes after the implementation of all preventive measures to ensure public safety and limit the spread of COVID-19.
Important rules to observe:
- children below 12 and seniors above 60 not allowed
- only operate at 30 per cent of their capacity
- all beachgoers must necessarily wear masks and gloves.
- Gatherings of more than five people, “even if from one family”, are not permitted.
- Observing a safety distance of not less than 2 metres is a must,
- physical distance of a minimum six feet (1.82m) while playing sports
- Smoking and barbequing are not allowed on public beaches
Department inspectors will monitor all public beaches and anyone found violating the rules will be subjected to fines.