Coronavirus: Ras Al Khaimah cassation court settles all April cases remotely
The Cassation Court in the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah has remotely settled all the punitive and personal status lawsuits referred to it in April this year.
The same court processed 98 per cent of the civil and commercial cases via video conferencing over April.
The distance system is aimed to ensure public safety in line with the ongoing preventive measures to curb Covid-19 pandemic, he added.
- The innovative remote system has proved effective following its implementation since the end of March this year.
- All the circuits of the cassation court here have settled 43 out of 45 cases heard in April, while only two cases have been adjourned.
- RAK courts spare no effort to provide all possible facilities to its customers, Al Khatri underlined.
- Lawyers and litigants can have remote access to registration services, cases’ requests, and exchange of pleadings and documents. They may also view the case files online.
- Distance hearing sessions are now conducted in all courts, he disclosed.
- Those concerned can attend these hearing sessions remotely.