The Khaleej Times Desert Drive 2020: 7 hours 4WD adventure coursing in Ras Al Khaimah
Khaleej Times returns with 2nd season of one of its most popular annual event, the Desert Drive 2020. The love for the desert is something that is in common for the citizens and expats alike. Allowing them to explore the deserts of UAE in a safe and fun manner,
Khaleej Times Desert Drive is the perfect day out for families as well as group of friends or individuals who like their share of adrenaline rush. Driving through the beautiful sand dunes with our expert marshals in tow combined with fun, engagement, pit stops and entertainment, the drive is the perfect weekend getaway in beautiful weather.
- Leave behind the mundane and venture into the vast Arabian desert for the ultimate weekend getaway.
- Journey through golden dunes, teeter on the edge of sheer drops, stop by for the perfect snapshot and much more.
- Meet up with avid off-roaders while we delight you with a scrumptious spread, beverages and live entertainment.
- Delve into the wild with no worries as we guarantee your comfort and safety throughout the day.
What to Expect?
- Desert Drive will flag off from Ras Al Khaimah at 9 AM. Participants will check in at the designated location by 7 AM in their own 4WDs, collect their route plan, food coupons and proceed for breakfast. Post-breakfast, participants will deflate their tyres (Deflation will be at the 1st checkpoint), collect their lunch pack, water and goodies before lining up for departure.
- After a 7-hour adventure coursing through miles of rugged terrain consisting of multiple checkpoints, the first set of cars will reach the final desert camp in Ras Al Khaimah by 4:30 PM.
- Start of entertainment and dinner at 6.00 pm.
- Participants to exit the camp after the celebrations end at 8.00 pm.
How to participate
- Complete the online registration process, including payment on www.ktdesertdrive.com starting from January 28, 10 am onwards.
- Once the payment is accepted, your booking will be complete.
- However, this is a tentative confirmation. We will be scanning through each booking to ensure that you fit the criteria for off-roading.
- The confirmed list of participants will be announced on 10th February 2020, and an email will be sent out to all the confirmed participants with their Desert Drive number. In case you do not meet the criteria, an equivalent amount will be refunded to you before 28th February 2020.
- A disclaimer form will be sent along with the confirmation email. Confirmed participants will then have to print the disclaimer form, fill, sign and submit it in person, to collect their Welcome Pack from the Trading Enterprises – Jeep Showroom, Dubai Festival City or Khaleej Times office in Abu Dhabi.
- Welcome Packs will not be issued unless the duly completed disclaimer has been handed in and identity verified for all participants via a valid UAE Emirates ID.
- Cancellations of entries will only be accepted until 4th February 2020.
- The Welcome Packs will be handed out from 17th-19th February 2020 .
- Trading Enterprises – Jeep Dubai Festival City Showroom: 9 am – 6 pm
Khaleej Times Abu Dhabi Office : 9 am – 1 pm
- In case you wish to add more participants, payment can be made while collecting the welcome packs. No additional participants can be added once the welcome packs are collected (maximum participants should not exceed 4 per car).
- If you are unable to register online, please visit the Khaleej Times offices (DXB & AUH) on 29th January between 9 am and 5 pm.
- Adult AED 250 per person
- Child (below 12years)- AED 120 per person | Below 4years- Free
- Buy your tickets here